Thursday, December 7, 2023
8:00 AM - 8:15 AM Networking Opportunity
8:15 AM - 8:30 AM Welcome from Lisa Monsein
8:30 AM - 8:55 Legal Update and Q&A with Deb Najjar
9:00 - 10:30 Program
1.5 SHRM & HRCI credits pending
TOPIC: "Making Your Company’s Financial Benefits More Beneficial"
- Retirement Plan as the cornerstone of your program
- The 10 things you need to do to make sure your Plan is as beneficial as possible for the employees
- 5 Retirement Plan Trends that bleed into other financial benefit offerings (i.e. HSA, Emergency Savings, Student Debt)
- Employee expectations around financial benefits and how you can stay competitive
- What’s around the corner?
- (SECURE 2.0 must do’s)
- Review of recent surveys (i.e. Voice of the American Worker) through polling attendees to address how financial anxiety is reshaping expectations for benefits
- Housekeeping – Checklist “What is Required v. What is Nice to Do”
- Where to find the time?
- The questions you need to copy/paste and ask your vendor so you can make sure you have outsourced administration (many times at no additional cost) for efficiencies and operational compliance
- What you should expect from your 401(k) Advisor
Our Speaker: Michaela F. Scott, MSFS, CFP®, AIF®, C(k)P, RICP®, CHFC, CHSA®, CPFA®
Michaela F. Scott is Founder and Principal of Strategic Retirement Benefits Group, LLC partnering with businesses on the financial portion of their benefits program – specifically their retirement Plans. Their team has been recognized as the NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams, Top Women Advisors Rising Star and Top Plan Advisors under 40.
Michaela earned her Master of Science in Financial Services with a concentration in Retirement Planning from the American College of Financial Services where she serves as incoming President of the Advisory Committee. She was awarded their Millennial Advisor of the Year award.
She is a Certified Financial Planner™, Accredited Investment Fiduciary, Retirement Income Certified Professional®, Charted Financial Consultant and Certified Health Savings Advisor. Earlier this month Michaela earned her Certified 401(k) Professional Designation administered by the Retirement Advisor University in collaboration with UCLA Anderson School of Management Executive Education. In September she will be serving The Plan Sponsor University (TPSU) as an adjunct professor.
She holds an honors Bachelor of Arts in Politics from Saint Anselm College and is immediate past President of the St. A’s Alumni Association and current Advisory Council Co-Chair for the Department of Business and Economics.
Michaela was selected to serve on the Retirement Plan Advisory Council (RPAC) for Advisor Group. Advisor Group is one of the largest networks of independent advisor firms in the country overseeing approximately $400 billion in assets. RPAC is comprised of a select group of advisors who specialize in retirement plans, are innovative and can lead by example with best practices for servicing clients and delivering results for participants.
She resides in Hampton, NH with her husband Jeff, daughter Lily, son JJ and golden retriever Bailey. If she didn’t work as a 401(k) Advisor she would love to be professor. Her personal vision for retirement is to be surrounded by family, cooking, reading at leisure, travelling, and exploring cultures and nature.
Our Sponsor: Interesting in Sponsoring? Contact Julie Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Contact: Caitlin Clary