Thursday, November 1, 2018
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM Check-In & Networking
8:30 AM - 8:45 AM Welcome New Members & Guests
8:45 AM - 9:00 AM Chapter Business / Legislative Update
9:00 AM - 9:10 AM Sponsor
9:10 AM - 10:30 AM Program
Approved for 1.25 SHRM PDC's & HRCI credits
TOPIC: It’s Not the Money: The Reasons Employees Quit
Alternative: Big Data Doesn’t Lie – What 234,000 Exit Interviews Reveal about Reasons for Leaving
Did you know that 77 percent of the reasons employees leave their jobs could be prevented by employers? In the first scientific study of its kind, Work Institute analyzed more than 234,000 exit interviews over eight years, and we’ll share our most recent findings to help you prevent turnover in your workplace. This session reveals the truth about the employee marketplace and separates fact from fiction when it comes to why employees quit – and it’s most often, not about money.
- Over 95% of the time employees quit for one of ten top categories of reasons.
- Most – 75% – of the reasons employees quit can be prevented by employers.
- Employee market conditions have impacted the trends in reasons why employees quit and the ability for organizations to attract and retain talent.
- Employee turnover is costly, disruptive and impedes growth for organizations not committed to employee retention.
- Reliable data and deep insight into the reasons employees quit can guide targeted strategies to prevent turnover.
- Methodology matters when conducting exit interviews and determining the reasons why employees quit your organization.
- Learn the top 10 categories of reasons why employees quit.
- Discover detailed insights into why most reasons for turnover are preventable.
- Review the market dynamics that have impacted the ability of organizations to attract and retain talent.
- Understand the realities – pros and cons – of using benchmark data to guide your retention strategies.
- Get a scientifically proven methodology that consistently reveals the real reasons employees quit.
- Find out a simple approach to calculate the cost of turnover in your organization.
- Explore a case study that demonstrates how an organization used exit interview data to reduce turnover.
Our Speaker: Danny Nelms, President of Work Institute
As President at Work Institute, co-author of The Why Factor: Winning With Workforce Intelligence, and experienced public speaker, Danny Nelms is an agent of change and an expert in helping companies forge new directions to optimize human capital and improve results.
Nelms’ 25 years of experience have given him the ability to influence corporate culture and human capital initiatives in areas including organizational improvement & effectiveness, leadership development, employee engagement & retention, executive coaching, succession planning and M&A.
His track record in successfully managing teams in both HR and corporate services, and aligning organizational strategies to achieve business objectives, have made him a popular guest speaker. His insight into human capital dynamics of an organization based on sound data-driven research uniquely positions Nelms to provide valuable recommendations for the challenges that organizations face and allows him to provide companies with the tools they need to successfully achieve the desired employee outcomes and business results
Nelms earned his BBA from Georgia State University and completed his MBA from the Massey School at Belmont University.
Organize what you have; align where you are going with what you want.
ØEmployee financial concerns can cause distress and distraction at work.
ØOffer on site education for employees on essential financial planning issues.
ØComprehensive personal financial planning offered as requested.
Advisory Services and Securities offered through Capital Analysts or Lincoln Investment, Registered Investment Advisers. Securities offered through Lincoln Investment, Broker Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC. www.lincolninvestment.com
LOCATION: Comfort Home Care, 147 Pelham Street, Methuen, MA 01844 - 2ND Floor- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be sure to park in the side parking lot to the left of the building and not in the front spaces. - Thank you for your cooperation!
More information and online registration:
It's Not the Money: The Reasons Employees Quit
*Join GMVRA’s LinkedIn group to share knowledge with your HR colleagues*
For more information:
Contact: Lisa Lemieux, PHR, SHRM-CP