Wednesday, April 13, 2016:
TOPIC: "ANNUAL LEGAL UPDATE"
Approved for 2.75 general HRCI and SHRM credits
Please note that this is an extended program running until 12:00 PM
Topics will include:
- Overview of notable developments in Labor & Employment Law, 2015-2016
- Significant Court Decisions
- New Litigation
- Update on the Affordable Care Act
- Review of recent NLRB decisions that impact both unionized and non-unionized employers
- Worker classification, an overview of the proposed FLSA regulations, and independent contractor issues
- Leave Law Updates: Lessons from the first year of implementation of the Earned Sick Time Law, Domestic Violence Leave, and Parental Leave
- Developments, best practices & ask the attorneys
Our Speaker: Kathryn M. Murphy and a collegue from Murphy, Hesse, Toomey & Lehane, LLP
Ms. Murphy practices in labor and employment law with a focus on representing clients in employment matters, conducting trainings and investigations, drafting employment documents, and providing day-to-day general advice.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Murphy served three years with the Office of the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, including two years as an Assistant Attorney in the Fair Labor Division where she handled criminal and administrative enforcement of labor laws including wage and hour, public construction, health and safety, child labor, unemployment taxation, and workers’ compensation insurance.
In 2011 Ms. Murphy obtained her certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR). Ms. Murphy graduated cum laude from the Suffolk University Law School where she served as an Editor on the International Law Review. Before practicing law, Ms. Murphy practiced as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Cost of this event is:
GMVHRA Member $75.00
10% discount for 2 or more attendees from the same organization. Discount cannot be applied at registration but will be refunded after the event.
Our Sponsor: Interested in sponsoring; contact Julie Moore @ firstname.lastname@example.org
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM Check-In & Networking
8:30 AM - 8:45 AM Welcome New Members & Guests
8:45 AM - 9:00 AM Chapter Business / Legislative Update
9:00 AM - 9:10 AM Sponsor
9:10 AM -12:00 PM Program
LOCATION: Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley,
280 Merrimack St, Suite 400, Lawrence, MA
(Entrance North B)
For more information:Contact: